cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to power off D1 or D2 domain using CubeMX?

sarojj7
Associate III

Board: Nucleo - H745ZI-Q

Sw: Cube MX 5.6.0

I want to use cube mx for generating simple blinky code (I use the board specific details), for some reason it doesn't work out, I suspect its because I cant specify how both cores will work together from MX. So I want to completely power off one core say M4 and work only with M7 for the time being. Is it possible? Also I notice that datasheet says M7 is in D1 and M4 in D2 but cube MX shows both of them in D1. Is it a bug?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Bouraoui Chemli
ST Employee

Hello @sarojj7​ 

I confirm that M7 is in D1 and M4 is in D2 like indicated on datasheet. I raised the mismatch internally.

However you can put M4 in stop mode and M7 in run mode. Please refer to reference manual RM0399 which provides complete information on how to use the STM32H745/55/47/57xx microcontroller memory and peripherals. Also refer to application note AN5215 which highlights STM32H747/757 performance and explain how to make the most of their flexible architecture to power consumption.

You can also refer to projects through STM32CubeH7: stm32cube_fw_h7_v160.zip\STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.6.0\Projects\NUCLEO-H745ZI-Q\

Best regards

Bouraoui