cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, I would like to know if i can delete the following functions : MX_SDMMC1_SD_Init(); MX_USB_Device_Init(); MX_USBPD_Init(); USBPD_DPM_Run();

DYann.1
Senior

After selecting the STM32L55E-EV evaluation board I have these default settings. On the other hand when I am in DEBUG mode these functions block me to debug the program.

0693W00000Suaa4QAB.pngI just need the starting program to work with the I2S interface. Thank you for your advices

4 REPLIES 4
Javier1
Principal

You could disable them in CubeMX and then regenerate the code.

Apparently you want to deactivate the USB peripheral, SDMM peripheral, USB power deliver middleware and USB device middleware

OR

You could start with an empty (clikc no when prompted to initialize all the peripherals in default mode) CUBEMX project and build everything from 0

DYann.1
Senior

Hello,

I don't think it's a good idea to disable USB devices, on my evaluation board I use 2 USB ports to communicate with the PC. SDMM, I don't know what it is but probably ok.

"You could start with an empty (clikc no when prompted to initialize all the peripherals in default mode) CUBEMX project and build everything from 0"

I don't try this option, I just put the default settings in doubt.

youre the one that knows what your system is going to need, disable/enable stuff at will.

Maybe your challenge here is to understand what each peripheral is doing,

SDMM is the peripheral to interface with external memories , i dont know abut your particular board but it probably has an external SRAM connected to that peripheral.

DYann.1
Senior

Yes you're right, on this board I've a SD card and probably the SDMM is made to communicate with the SD card.