cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH.ld syntax error when upgrading to CubeMX v6.12.1

hopefully
Visitor

Hello,

Since the latest release of CubeMX (6.12.1) installed, I have been encountering syntax errors related to the "FLASH.ld" file.

This issue only arises when I generate code while setting the Toolchain/IDE to CMake. I am using STM32F103C8T6.

It seems that CubeMX does not specify which RAM to use when setting the Toolchain/IDE to CMake.

I have also included the FLASH.ld file that was generated for your reference.

The terminal output the wrong as below , after  run  the default cmake-build task with the project templete generated by CubeMX (6.12.1)  :

STM32F103C8Tx_FLASH.ld:56: syntax error
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
build finished with error(s).

Then, after replacing 6.12.1 flash.ld  with 6.12.0 flash.ld  , the errors are eliminated.

Here are two versions of the flash.ld  attached. 

---

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @hopefully and welcome to the ST Community .

This is a known regression that has been reported in this post and we will fixed on the comming releases.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @hopefully and welcome to the ST Community .

This is a known regression that has been reported in this post and we will fixed on the comming releases.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.