cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception in Code Generation

Niclas Hedhman
Associate III

Starting today, on existing .ioc file, CubeMX "suddenly" complaining that project generation had a problem. "Suddenly" refers to that I have generated code incrementally many times the last few days on the same project, and today I added "FatFS" which was the first time I got it. So I disabled FatFS, but the problem persists.

Starting CubeMX from command-line I got to the following Exception;

2023-08-03 09:01:41,438 [INFO] ProjectBuilder:3064 - Time for Copy HAL[1] : 40mS. 
2023-08-03 09:01:41,442 [INFO] ProjectBuilder:4404 - Project Generator version: 4.1.0
2023-08-03 09:01:41,609 [INFO] ConfigFileManager:1457 - The Die is : DIE497
2023-08-03 09:01:41,993 [INFO] ToolchainGenerator:570 - stack trace : java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
       at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
       at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:77)
       at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
       at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:568)
       at com.st.microxplorer.plugins.projectmanager.model.ToolchainGenerator.CallMethod(ToolchainGenerator.java:389)
       at com.st.microxplorer.plugins.projectmanager.model.ToolchainGenerator.update(ToolchainGenerator.java:564)
       at com.st.microxplorer.plugins.projectmanager.engine.ProjectBuilder.createToolChainFolders(ProjectBuilder.java:4614)
       at com.st.microxplorer.plugins.projectmanager.engine.ProjectBuilder.createProject(ProjectBuilder.java:987)
       at com.st.microxplorer.plugins.projectmanager.engine.GenerateProjectThread.run(GenerateProjectThread.java:61)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "Object.hashCode()" because "key" is null
       at java.base/java.util.Hashtable.put(Hashtable.java:481)
       at java.rmi/sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl.rebind(RegistryImpl.java:287)
       at com.st.stm32cube.ide.common.services.mx.jar.core.mx.rmi.MailBox.connectNewMailBox(MailBox.java:46)
       at com.st.stm32cube.ide.common.services.mx.jar.core.mx.plugin.PlugIn.setupMailBox(PlugIn.java:282)
       at com.st.stm32cube.ide.common.services.mx.jar.core.mx.plugin.PlugIn.doExecute(PlugIn.java:329)
       at com.st.stm32cube.ide.common.services.mx.jar.core.mx.plugin.PlugIn.doUpdate(PlugIn.java:300)
       at com.st.stm32cube.ide.common.services.mx.jar.core.mx.plugin.PlugInAbstract.update(PlugInAbstract.java:60)
       at com.st.stm32cube.ide.common.services.mx.jar.core.mx.plugin.PlugInAbstract.update(PlugInAbstract.java:48)
       ... 9 more

2023-08-03 09:01:41,993 [INFO] ToolchainGenerator:571 - [Project Generator] Problem in the update of the project

What is the MailBox? Using RMI, which is so outdated it is not funny? I was involved in its death, via JSR-76 and JSR-78 in 2001. Since those weren't approved, RMI was too great of a security risk. I urge you to get rid of it

0 REPLIES 0