cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom packs path in IOC files

captain_caveman2k
Associate

I've been using CubeMX for the last 2.5 years and am in the process of updating our ioc files to the latest version of the CubeMX software, the latest STM32 Firmware and to use AzureRTOS rather than the old ThreadX and NetX releases from Express Logic.

Whilst I am familiar with being able to set a custom path for the STM32 Firmware in Project Manager -> Project -> Mcu and Firmware Package -> Fimware Relative Path to: C:\ThirdPartyCode\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.28.0 for example I cannot work out how to set a custom location for other packages such as AzureRTOS.

As such the IAR project files that are generated then contain include paths to X-CUBE-AZRTOS-F4 under the local user directory. For example:

C:/Users/Developer/STM32Cube/Repository//Packs/STMicroelectronics/X-CUBE-AZRTOS-F4/1.1.0/Middlewares/ST/netxduo/common/drivers/ethernet/
C:/Users/Developer/STM32Cube/Repository//Packs/STMicroelectronics/X-CUBE-AZRTOS-F4/1.1.0/Middlewares/ST/netxduo/common/inc/
C:/Users/Developer/STM32Cube/Repository//Packs/STMicroelectronics/X-CUBE-AZRTOS-F4/1.1.0/Middlewares/ST/netxduo/ports/cortex_m4/iar/inc/
C:/Users/Developer/STM32Cube/Repository//Packs/STMicroelectronics/X-CUBE-AZRTOS-F4/1.1.0/Middlewares/ST/threadx/common/inc/
C:/Users/Developer/STM32Cube/Repository//Packs/STMicroelectronics/X-CUBE-AZRTOS-F4/1.1.0/Middlewares/ST/threadx/ports/cortex_m4/iar/inc/

There also seems to be a couple of minor bugs in the path generation (although they don't affect functionality)

a) There is a double slash between the 'Repository' directory and the 'Packs' sub-directory.

b) There is a trailing slash at the end of the path, that is unnecessary (and doesn't exist for the generated STM32 Firmware Path.

2 REPLIES 2
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @captain_caveman2k,

Thank you for having reported this point.

I highlighted this to our CubeMX team to look into (via internal ticket number: 181611).

Could you please share your ioc file to reproduce this issue ?

Thank you for your contribution.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @captain_caveman2k ,

Please share your ioc file to reproduce the scenario that generated this issue.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen