cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I use a toolchain with cubeMx when debugging new code to STEVAL-DPSLLCP1?

Hkim.10
Associate

hello this is hyejung from korea.

I am learning about STEVAL-DPSLLCP1.

when I see the datasheets or any other sheets about STEVAL-DPSLLCP1, they recommend the toolchains 'IAR workbench'.

but it is a little expensive to use for me.

so, can I use 'cubeMx' instead of 'IAR'?

2 REPLIES 2
Mouadh JERIDI
Associate III

Let me first welcome you to the STM32 Community Hyejung !

To briefly explain the functionality of STM32CubeMX tool, it is a user interface generating C code compliant with STM32 MCU/ MPU design and firmware solutions.

Starting a project using STM32CubeMX, you can select the development toolchain (IDE) for which the C code has to be generated.

For more details you can refer to the STM32CubeMX User Manual.

As far as I can see from STEVAL-DPSLLCK1 evaluation kit User Manual, the control board includes an STM32F334 microcontroller. So you can generate your initialization code for STM32F334 and select STM32CubeIDE as Toolchain.

Concerning STM32CubeIDE, it integrates STM32CubeMX functionalities to offer all-in-one tool experience. It makes it easy to create new STM32 MCU or board projects and build them using the included GCC toolchain.

It is an advanced C/C++ development platform with peripheral configuration, code generation, code compilation, linking, and debug features. It is based on the Eclipse/CDT framework and GCC toolchain for the development, and GDB for the debugging.

Best regards,

Mouadh.

Thank you for your answer.

I am still wondering. cause STEVAL-DPSLLCK1 have to connect adapter board with control board together for the debugging.

You mean it's debugged to cubeMx even with this condition?

Wouldn't it affect if there was an adapter board?