cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After a "generate code" on an stable cubeide project, a large number of multiple definition errors appear

Zanon.Luciano
Senior

I added a pull down on the processor configuration inside cubeide and restarted the code generation (Alt + K), after which the subsequent compilation (Alt + B) led to a large amount of "multiple definition" errors.

The first one is:

D:/Interpreter/06_TFHS_300/Core/Src/system_stm32f0xx.c:136: multiple definition of `SystemInit'; ./Core/Src/system_stm32f0xx.o:D:/Interpreter/06_TFHS_300/Debug/../Core/Src/system_stm32f0xx.c:136: first defined here

Using the same .ioc file (on the same project) with external stm32cubeMX and generating the code for uVision there is no problem !!

Could it be that the code generation overrides some settings I had made to the project?

Anyone have an idea where the error may be?

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

Try Project -> Clean then rebuild again.

If no luck, go into project properties -> C/C++ General -> Paths and Symbols -> Source Location and see if there are duplicate entries. Ensure you don't have the same file listed multiple times in your project explorer.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Zanon.Luciano
Senior

no way...

Project -> Clean then rebuild has no effect and I found no duplicates in project explorer.

To return to a condition of functionality it is necessary to restore the .project, .cproject and many metadata files.

I can do this by restoring the old files from the git image but if I didn't have the git image, the project configuration would be corrupted in an irreparable way for me (already experienced).

I try to attach the configuration sets to see if it is possible to get some information to solve the problem.

Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello @Zanon.Luciano​ ,

Thanks for your feedback,

Unfortunately, The zip file that you shared cannot not be opened, it is missing a lot of files.

So could you please share your full project or at least provide us with the steps to reproduce your issue?

Regards,

Sara.