cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32G0B1RE and SRC1M1 for Power Delivery charge not connecting to STM32Cubemonitor

LB_student
Associate II

Hello, I'm using a STM32G0B1RE and a nucleo SRC1M1 in order to charge and communicate with a tablet in power delivery mode with 5V 3A. I followed the following tutorial: STM32StepByStep:Getting started with USB-Power Delivery Source - stm32mcu (stmicroelectronics.cn) from STM, at first it kinda worked, I had a connection with the tablet in the traces with it confirming it does take 5V and 3A as well as the IN SOPs:002 H:0x0041 GOODCRC message but since it was connected on a hub, it kept turning on and off. So I took the cable for the ST off the hub and directly onto the computer (the nucleo is receiving 5V 3A from an external source) but since then when I go on the board selection and connect the tablet, it keeps disconnecting. I checked, there doesn't seem to be any loss of voltage, so I'm quite lost as to why the board doesn't want to connect with the app.

I also changed the STM32, changed computer, changed cable between the tablet and nucleo, nothing changes. I haven't been able to change the nucleo or the cable between the computer and the STM32 because I only have one each. I also made a new project, following the directions again and no changes. Furthermore, the tablet is charging, albeit not to 3A (1.406A).

I have attached a screenshot of the interface on port selection when the tablet is connected (not refreshed because otherwise it takes me back to the board selection with the message of "please connect a board")

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello, I somewhat was able to make it work by toggling a pin on and off then rebuilding the project, I don't know why it didn't work in the first place but after doing that, I got the results I was looking for, thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Nicolas P.
ST Employee

Hello @LB_student ,

It could be that the PC request some information that is not answered by your device, and so the PC reset the connection. Your screenshot doesn't help. We need the .cpd trace to verify this hypothesis in the protocol exchange. Have a look at the trace tool on the wiki. It would be interesting that you share it. If the board resets, it can also help just to open the trace panel from the top right corner : you don't need to select the board everytime.

Regards,

Nicolas

Hello, I somewhat was able to make it work by toggling a pin on and off then rebuilding the project, I don't know why it didn't work in the first place but after doing that, I got the results I was looking for, thank you for your help.

Nicolas P.
ST Employee

OK @LB_student .

If you have any info to share here, like the trace of your PC response, don't hesitate. It may help other users in the future if they encounter the same issue as yours.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure where I can find that trace, sorry. If I could, I'd share the file project, but I cannot upload it.

Have a look at the trace tool on the wiki.

The trace files are saved in c:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Temp\STM32CubeMonitor-UCPD\Acquisition\ with ".cpd" extension, unless you did a save trace with some personal place, and in that case the .cpd files will be there.