cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMonitor frequently Disconnects

SRedd.5
Senior III

The cube monitor frequently disconnects while capturing data. How do i solve this problem i want to log data continuously. The other problem is when i am saving the data as below

SRedd5_0-1695829037054.png

i do not know the location where the csv file is stored. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Richard.Chvr
ST Employee

Did you have a look to this topic

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Richard.Chvr
ST Employee

Hello @SRedd.5 

The directory path where you can find the log files could be configured in settings.js file ( default path is home directory / log ).

For the disconnection issue, which STM32 device is attached to the cubeMonitor?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

The directory path where you can find the log files could be configured in settings.js file ( default path is home directory / log ).

When you say settings.js is the below file

SRedd5_0-1695909260322.png

what changes i need to do to change the log path.

I have already have several .stcm files i want to convert to csv files. when i read the ST community i came across the below i have added as attachment

But i am not able to convert, do i need to have the tool connected or can it be done offline 

For the disconnection issue, which STM32 device is attached to the cubeMonitor?

SRedd5_1-1695909611950.png

The above tool and the cubemonitor detects the below

SRedd5_2-1695909680192.png

It will really help me if the tool does not disconnect then i can watch the data clearly.

Richard.Chvr
ST Employee

Please have a look to stm32cubeMonitor wikis:

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mcu/wiki/STM32CubeMonitor:How_to_change_general_settings

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mcu/wiki/STM32CubeMonitor:How_to_log_data_in_a_.csv_file 

I can see you've attached a STLinkV2 but what is the device probe connected to the STLINK?

I really don't understand the device probe mean, but the below is the configuration i use when connecting the ST link debugger when running Cube Ide. Is this what you are asking?

SRedd5_0-1695915492333.png

Richard.Chvr
ST Employee

Just wanted to know which MCU you're using,  STM32xxxxx? Because some devices like STM32WB55xx goes to sleep mode to optimize power consumption and therefore disconnects. 

STM32G431RBTX is the micro and it is motor control application, when i give command to start the motor then it gets disconnected it is just one observation not every time. 

Any suggestions please I need it really to debug the code otherwise it is getting tough.

Richard.Chvr
ST Employee

Did you have a look to this topic