cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset STM32MP1 MCU in production mode

Jagr
Associate II

Hello everybody,

currently i am trying to migrate from KEIL uvision to CubeIDE.

CubeIDE Version: 1.13.2
Build: 18220_20230914_1601
Target: STM32MP157
Debug Probe: STLink-v3miniE or others

Example Project: OpenAMP_FreeRTOS_echo_CM4

When I start a debug session in production mode, the M4 firmware is loaded and starts running. I have no problem with this.

In Keil it was possible to reset the MCU during a debug session in production mode quite easily by pushing a button. So it was possible to set a breakpoint at the beginning of application in main().

In CubeIDE there is no such possibility, am i right? Or can it be done in a similar and convenient way??I have not found a solution to this "problem".

The conversation in this Topic deals with the same issue but the answer is not satisfactory for me.

I tried several thing under Debug Configurations->Startup->Initialization Commands etc but without success.

I hope that it is not necessary to write individual reset bits in the registers by hand to reset the MCU. 🙏

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Jan

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

I don't know about MPUs but with MCUs you can press the following icon when in debug mode. It's probably the same for you:

TDK_0-1698418126172.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Jagr
Associate II

That would be too easy, 😀 unfortunately exactly this button is greyed out at the MPU'S

Jagr_0-1698647459459.png

Jagr
Associate II

I have to share a new insight,
when i change Debug probe connection from OpenOCD to GDB Server the Button is still greyed out.
But wit a core reset i was able to hit an early breakpoint at the beginning of main.
As ugly workaround for the missing Reset Button it is possible to reset M4 by
Run->Restart Configurations --> Core Reset --> OK

Jagr_0-1698649338921.png