cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why STM32 add DEBUG preprocessor symbol after code generation with Device Configuration Tool

davbergar
Associate II

Hi!

I have tested this in all my projects.

I have several compilation flavours with several symbols but you can test this issue only with default flavours: Release and Debug.

1. Delete DEBUG preprocessor symbol in Debug flavour
  2. Open device configuration tool
  3. Click code generation
  4. After that, DEBUG symbol is again added to Debug flavour.

This symbol is not used and isn't a problem but in my projects and flavours I want not this symbol because may be confused to others developers. I can solve it by creating flavours based in Release but I would like to know if there is any option to avoid this behaviour

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

No option. Hardcoded behavior if debug type build configuration.

As workaround possibly remove original Debug configuration and create a new one based on Release type

0693W00000Y8n3GQAR.png 

0693W00000Y8n2wQAB.pngTakes care starting from Release type, compiler optimizations are not debug compliant so you will have to set them to proper values

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

No option. Hardcoded behavior if debug type build configuration.

As workaround possibly remove original Debug configuration and create a new one based on Release type

0693W00000Y8n3GQAR.png 

0693W00000Y8n2wQAB.pngTakes care starting from Release type, compiler optimizations are not debug compliant so you will have to set them to proper values

davbergar
Associate II

Thanks a lot!! I was going crazy... hahah