cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update 1.6 to 1.7 failed (no repository found) ... again ... and again ... and again

FS.1
Associate III

Hi,

when I tried to update CubeIDE from some 1.6 version to 1.7, I got the infamous "no repository found" error, that is haunting Eclipse-based projects for over nine years now. Same as for many CubeIDE updates since its 1.0 release which forced me to uninstall and reinstall it completely several times.

As always, I invested some time trying to find a fix for it and was suggested to edit the repository URLs in the setings. So I added a trailing / to those URLs that did not have one and removed the trailing / for those URLs that did had one. ... Basically a noop for this purpose ... After that all Repositories were gone. After Applying the change and reopening the settings dialog, the list of repositories was empty.

So, I guess another uninstall/reinstall rain dance is in order.

Are there any plans on hunting down the cause of this bug by companies like ST who use Eclipse commercially?

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4
mattias norlander
ST Employee

Hi,

I will check with some colleagues once back from summer vacation. I hope you were able to get around this for now.

FS.1
Associate III

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

I removed and reinstalled CubeIDE and then reimported my project into a new workspace. The usual Eclipse rain dance.

No idea what causes this and why it does only affect some people but those on a regular basis but for a framework with so many commercial players involved it's a pity.

Cheers

mattias norlander
ST Employee

Hi,

I checked with our expert on this "P2 update mechanism". Each time we have had this kind of report the root-cause have been found on the user PC environment:

• Wrong proxy configuration
  • Proxy service outage
  • SSL chain validation issue (proxy doing SSL inspection as our)
  • No internet…

Not saying it is 100% certain in your case. It is just our experience. 🙂

Seems you are up and running again. Send us PM if it happens again, maybe we can remote connection and check some stuff...

FS.1
Associate III

Hi,

thanks for the offer. Not sure that will happen though. I quit my job and my new company does not have anything Eclipse-based in their tool chain. 😉

Just for reference, I do not manually play around with proxy settings. Not sure if our company's firewall dose somethjing to SSL connections. Might be. Question would be then, why Eclipse is the only application stumpling over that.

Cheers