cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to open a project from many folders

HNguy.25
Associate III

Hello everyone,

I want to ask how to open a project in stm32cube IDE.

To be specific, I was given a project organized as the picture below. The name of the big folder is Project_Comm.0693W00000QNT2kQAH.jpgWhile the main code is in Core folder, the linker file and the project file of STM32CubeIDE is in STM32CubeIDE folder. In this case, how can I open the project with the main code and the Linker file in the Project Explorer?

What I did so far were:

• I tried to open the project by the .project and .cproject file from the folder STM32CubeIDE. It only opened the main code in Core folder (the linker file was not there) and I could not build the project.
  • I imported the project by File>Import>Import ac6 System Workbench for STM32 Project. Then I chose the directory containing all of the Folder in the picture above and there were 2 folders: Project_Comm, and Project_Comm./STM32CubeIDE. I chose both of them, each of them but nothing worked. When I chose only the Project_Comm, nothing was imported.

Kind regards, Huy Nguyen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HNguy.25
Associate III

Hello MM.. 1,

Thank you for your information. I did not know that.

About my question, later I found out that I can download the example from STM32CubeMX so I dont need to port or do anything about that.

At first it was in visual code (during which I did not know I could download example from STM32Cube MX).

Best regards, Huy Nguyen.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MM..1
Chief II

Primary .metadata show you set workspace into same folder. Isnt perfect.

Too you dont show where you place this project. Normal is short path without spaces.

And primary open it over .project file in STM32CubeIDE.

HNguy.25
Associate III

Hello MM.. 1,

Thank you for your information. I did not know that.

About my question, later I found out that I can download the example from STM32CubeMX so I dont need to port or do anything about that.

At first it was in visual code (during which I did not know I could download example from STM32Cube MX).

Best regards, Huy Nguyen.