cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The end . bin file

Dabi
Associate

Hi all,

I plan to update my MCU. I would like to upload to MCU. bin file. If I understand correctly, this file can be uploaded entirely to the initial address of the MCU. It should not contain any extra data. I checked this file and just before the end there is extra data like gnu data and its versions. I don't understand where this data comes from. I did not find this data in another project.Is it related to some project setting?. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Generation of .bin is toolchain-specific, and within that, subject to toolchain settings, so consult your toolchain's documentation first. The tool used to generate .bin usually exports selected sections from the .elf, and description of those should be output by linker into mapfile or equivalent, so you may also want to look up that one.

JW

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Generation of .bin is toolchain-specific, and within that, subject to toolchain settings, so consult your toolchain's documentation first. The tool used to generate .bin usually exports selected sections from the .elf, and description of those should be output by linker into mapfile or equivalent, so you may also want to look up that one.

JW