Did you mean: 

Target selection: STM32 target or STM32Cube example selection is required

Dabbo
Associate III

Running on Ubuntu

STM32CubeIDE

Version: 1.13.2

Build: 18220_20230914_1601 (UTC).

Fresh installation but just getting blank page saying "Target selection: STM32 target or STM32Cube example selection is required".

I've:

1. Checked for target selector device database updates

2. Checked for Embedded Software Packages Updates

3. Managed Embedded Software Packages and installed latest package for STMG0

Rebooted etc, but still getting this message and can't get past.

PS: STM32CubeIDE runs fine on Windows 11 connected to target board (Nucleo-64 G071RB)

23 REPLIES 23
badi1
Associate II

Is there a solution for this. I created an other account on my PC and logged in intio it. This is still no Succes!!!!! I am depressed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I installing the latest cubeide on my Laptop gave following result.

I get a select MCU select window although there is still a error noted on the top of the window,

I am badi1. The update released today did not solved my Problem

Version 1.14.

Even linking to the wayland folder did not work.

Hello @badi1 

The warning is intended to be their unless the user select a target or an example. The same goes for the "Next" and "Finish" buttons.

screenshot before selecting a target:

SemerCHERNI_0-1701350792335.png

screenshot after selecting a target:

SemerCHERNI_1-1701350875722.png

I hope this give you a clear answer to your question.

KR,
Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

badi1
Associate II

As I said before, I do not get to your chosing window.

badi1
Associate II

Oskar_H
Senior

Hello @Dabbo @badi1 

unfortunately Wayland is well known to have a lot of issues, and is certainly not a replacement for X11 as of now.

A quick search on Google will make you understand that Wayland is broken and will put down a lot of softwares running in Linux.

@Semer CHERNIthis point is not mentioned at all in the Release Note / User Manual. It should be worth doing it in next release.

ilovethissoftware
Associate

This is indeed a Wayland problem. It is solved by starting the IDE by executing the file called stm32cudeide_wayland instead of stm32cubeide that resides in the same folder. This is done by either right clicking the file -> Run as a Program, or by typing ./stm32cubeide_wayland in the terminal.

This works for me on Debian 12 with GNOME 43.9 Wayland.