cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System supply configuration: set LDO Supply in STM32CubeIDE

TBend.3
Associate II

Hello,

I have designed my own board with a STM32H7 MCU and set the "System supply configuration" to "1. LDO Supply selected" (see picture).

Pic1.PNG

In the STM32CubeIDE in the IOC file under the item System Core - RCC the SupplySource is set to PWR_LDO_SUPPLY. 

After that the STM32CubeIDE generates a code and at system start the device hangs at point:

/** Supply configuration update enable
*/
HAL_PWREx_ConfigSupply(PWR_LDO_SUPPLY);

in an infinite loop, because the PWR_FLAG_ACTVOSRDY flag is apparently not set. 

/* Wait till voltage level flag is set */
while (__HAL_PWR_GET_FLAG (PWR_FLAG_ACTVOSRDY) == 0U)
{
if ((HAL_GetTick () - tickstart) > PWR_FLAG_SETTING_DELAY)
{
return HAL_ERROR;
}
}

if I disable the function

HAL_PWREx_ConfigSupply(PWR_LDO_SUPPLY);

the system works for now but as soon as I call the function "HAL_Delay" the system does not respond anymore.

How do I configure the system correctly?

Thanks and best regards Thomas

5 REPLIES 5
AScha.3
Chief II

for useful answer it could help, to give the exact cpu type.... 🙂

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @TBend.3 

Adding to @AScha.3 suggestion, would you please precise the voltage scaling? 

Could you explain the usage of PWR_FLAG_ACTVOSRDY? 

FBelaid_0-1688655735146.png

Would you try as follows:

while (__HAL_PWR_GET_FLAG (PWR_FLAG_VOSRDY) == 0U)

Hope this helps!

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi ASch.3,

thanks for your quick reply, the MCU is a STM32H730ABI6Q.

Thanks and best regards
Thomas

Thank you for your reply,

I use only 3V3 on the board for the VDD pins of the MCU and for the VDDLDO pins.
VDDA is via ferrite bead on 3V3 net and the VREF+ there is still a resistor to the VDDA, so also everything on 3V3.
In the STM32CubeIDE I use an empty project with an "empty" IOC file and then I generate a code from the IOC file where the above mentioned error occurs.

Thanks and best regards Thomas

AScha.3
Chief II

i made some boards with STM cpu, F030 ...also H7A3 , H733, H743 , never such problems.

BUT i also never use a HxxxQ, the smps version, to avoid problems . 🙂

special joke: buy a cpu with onchip smps, but not use smps . on some H7 is not working...but i am not sure.

AND never try cpu with "empty" ioc file. minimum is : error free clock tree, debug swd enable, useful settings for power, rcc, core, systick . if power on ALL vdd/gnd pins and 2u caps on vcap - cpu will run.

(but dont use/activate rtc, 32khz lse - this may bring new surprise.)

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".