cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMStudio dwarf error

GGokc.1
Associate

Hi all,

I could follow the values of the variables in the programs I wrote with STMCubeide with StmStudio. But with the latest 1.13.0 update, StmStudio has started giving an error. The error is like this; "Dwarf error: wrong version number in complation unit header (is 5, should be 2,3 or 4)" how can I solve this error?

5 REPLIES 5
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Try to install an older toolchain (same that you've used before update)

hi Pavel, i am facing the same error message after cube ide update  . Can you please elaborate  little extra  which tool chain we need to install again . 

@MMARI.1 Please locate in CubeIDE project settings the ARM toolchain version. Do this in the older CubeIDE version, before update. After update, go to the Toolchain manage dialog, install the previous toolchain, then select it in your project settings. Always keep notes about the toolchain version and all other tool versions.

MMARI.1
Senior

hi, good morning !. I am really scared of changing the tool chain current setting and it may disturb my current work flow . In the knowledge Share Stm32 web page if there is step by step procedure in screen shot format then it's it will be useful. I have tested old project file  which i kept in different location working with stm32 studio .   i have switched over to Cube Ide - Live Expressions by V2 link it's working fine .

Stm32 Studio is Nice Product and it's already in "" NRND"" category and Later we can expect it's  Obsolete . Upto STM32 - Technical Team decision that Stm32 Studio Forever Alive along with Cube Ide version compatibility update .. The question may arise Cube Ide already has Live Expression and other Viewer Options then we need to Make Stm32 Studio Forever Alive along with Cube Ide then stm32 studio is simple and separate .

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

>I am really scared of changing the tool chain current setting and it may disturb my current work flow

Don't worry. First, you will be using the same (older) toolchain that you already know.

Second, the choice of toolchain can be made per project or per workspace. Just try in on a new workspace aside from your main project.

>Stm32 Studio is Nice Product and it's already in "" NRND"" category and Later we can expect it's  Obsolete 

This is what we get for using proprietary, closed source software. It is not owned by its users. It can be easy/more comfortable in short run, but always bites later. Consider and understand the risks.