cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMCubeIDE 1.13.1 (GCC11) with optimizations off not allowing me to step through line by line

KStew.1
Associate II

Hi,

I recently updated to 1.13.1 and haven't needed to do much debugging but now I am trying to debug and I have run into an issue that the debugger won't step over each line of code. When I step at a breakpoint it jumps to the next breakpoint instead of the next line of code. I moved back to STMCubeIDE 1.12.1 because it allows me to step line by line. Any thoughts on how I can get STMCubeIDE 1.13.1 to step through properly?

2 REPLIES 2
Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @KStew.1 

First let me thank you for posting.

I am not able to reproduce this issue from my side. Therefore, could you provide a minimalistic project which contain this behavior for analysis.

KR,
Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

KStew.1
Associate II

I haven't created a minimalistic project yet - but I find that the debugger is able to sequentially step through the code until the RTOS (FreeRTOS v10.5.0) is running. I tried with STM32 v1.12.1 and it steps through line-by-line when the RTOS is running.