cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32U599 is not available in STM32CubeIDE

MichaelW
Associate II

Hello,

I am interested in using the STM32U599 chip but I don't see any Nucleo boards based on it or even the 5A9 that use the standard footprint with the rows of headers along the board.  I was going to make my own board, to drop into an existing prototype that takes those, but I figured that I should go through the IDE first and make sure it can be setup properly.

What I found is that unless I select the BGA package, you can't even start a project with this chip.  I'm interested in the 100 or 144 pin QFP so that I can quickly hand solder a prototype.  When will you be adding support for this chip in your software?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Issamos
Lead II

Hello @MichaelW  

ST SW already support the 100 or 144 pin LQFP. I've just created a project using a 144pin LQFP using CubeMX and CubeIDE:

144.PNG

Screenshot_2023-09-08-19-50-39-07_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Also, if you want a ready to use board, you can use the STM32U5A9J-DK.

Best regards.

II

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Issamos
Lead II

Hello @MichaelW  

ST SW already support the 100 or 144 pin LQFP. I've just created a project using a 144pin LQFP using CubeMX and CubeIDE:

144.PNG

Screenshot_2023-09-08-19-50-39-07_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Also, if you want a ready to use board, you can use the STM32U5A9J-DK.

Best regards.

II

MichaelW
Associate II

Hi there. 

I discovered the problem and got it installed since posting this.  I wasn't on the latest version of the IDE which I didn't realize because this software is constantly downloading new packages for itself but not for the main IDE itself.  Now it lets me choose the chip which is great!  I can configure a project and make sure all the pins will match what I need from the last Nucleo board I am moving away from.

Thanks for offering your advice.  That EVM board won't work for me as I have all the peripherals and LCD I need and I just need a basic board with headers to get the CPU connected to the baseboard.

Michael

Hello again @MichaelW 

Happy to see that your problem has been solved. If so, select the answer as best answer to close the topic.

Best regards.

II

The STM32U5A9J-DK or STM32U5G9J-DK1 have expansion headers on the back side.

I'd imagine a NUCLEO-144 might be forth-coming, otherwise check pin out, perhaps you can remove an existing part and drop in an STM32U599. Check with local sales rep or FAE for board/part availability.

Use IDE to narrow down pin compatible donor candidates

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..