cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32IDE v 1.9.0, Project Explorer View, missing subdirectory. How to get it showing again?

MStev.4
Associate II

In Project Explorer view, I have my project directories shown as drop down lists.In >Core, my project used to show >Inc, >Src, and >Startup. Somehow >Src is no longer in the list, yet it is included in the build. I use Windows Explorer to verify that Core in fact does include these 3 sub-directories, the Src one is simply not showing in the Project Explorer view. How to make it displayed again????

5 REPLIES 5
TDK
Guru

F5 will refresh the file system. Can you show a screenshot? There may also be a filter active.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
MStev.4
Associate II

0693W00000LymaQQAR.png

MStev.4
Associate II

Using F5 didn't do it. I don't find any filters set up or enabled. But the git tree and debugging shows that the file is there an build with the project build.

mattias norlander
ST Employee

Not only that, but also your Core folder has the "key" icon decoration.

It implies that the "Core" folder has slightly modified build settings vs the project global build settings.

You need to be the detective and find out what the difference is.

Looks like your code is under version control... Good!

Can you revert the project to something working?

Diff the .cproject file in the working state vs the broken state.

What did you find?

MStev.4
Associate II

The mystery continues. But I've discovered that a filter is on for the Src directory which does not show up in the Project Explorer but is built during compile/link. See graphic.

But when I go to the "Path and Symbols" window then left-click on the unwanted filter (brings up the "Source Folder Exclusion Patterns" window), then select Remove + OK, it appears to remove the pattern but when I refresh or close/start the project, the exclusion pattern is still there. This happens from both the directory level and the project level.

How can I delete this filter???

0693W00000NqimKQAR.png