cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7 (dual core): TAMPER do not interrupt on M4 but works in M7

CVael.1
Associate

Hello,

Recently I got a STM32H745I-Disco evaluation board. In this board, the user button (blue

button) is physically connected to PC13 pin and is the TAMPER 1.

I was able to get the TAMPER 1 interrupt working in the M7 core but not able to get the

interrupt in M4 core. I want to get TAMPER iterrupt on M4 becouse i set M7 to sleep.

I configured the RTC tamper 1 interrupt as following. (As i did in M7, I only change the initilizer to Cortex-M4)

0693W00000WJiRCQA1.png0693W00000WJiRRQA1.png0693W00000WJiRWQA1.png0693W00000WJiZuQAL.png 

This is the same configuration that I use in M7 core and works perfectly. The code that is autogenerated is the same in the M4 core than in the M7 core.

0693W00000WJiRqQAL.pngI add the following code as I did in M7 core.

0693W00000WJiS0QAL.pngBut, the program never enters in the function because the TAMPER_1 is not working in M4 core.

Can someone explain if i need to configure tamper different to be used in M4 core

than M7 core?

Is possible to get TAMPER interrupt in M4 core?

Thank you very much.

3 REPLIES 3
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @CVael.1​,

Can you specify the version of CubeMX you are using. Actually, I can find that tamper 1 and tamper 3 should not support it in CubeMX6.7.0

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

CVael.1
Associate

Hello,

I'm using STM32CubeIDE 10.0.1, finally i just dicovered that TAMPER 1 is working in M7 and M4.

But the problem is that I need to unplug and plug the dev-board to "restore" the tamper every time.

If I don't unplug and plug the dev-board the tamper do not interrupt.

Best regards,

Carlos.

FBL
ST Employee

Hello @CVael.1​ ,

I was wondering if the issue is solved, if not, could you please try to run a sample example or try to clear the Tamper interrupt pending bit.    __HAL_RTC_TAMPER_CLEAR_FLAG(hrtc, RTC_FLAG_TAMP1F);

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.