cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F103C8T6 problem debuging in CubeIDE

ONadr.1
Senior III

Hello,

I bought few Blue pill modules with this MCU. But I have a problem with them in CubeIDE (Eclipse) When I try debuging or write code into MCU, there is an Error (underneath) for all modules with this MCU (STM32F103C8T6, 99lKA 98, MYS 803)

I have the same modules with CPU form different series, and there is no problem here.

A try connect this "bad" modules to CubeProgrammer and there is everything OK. I can clear Flash, write code from file, read OB and so on. I use ST LINK V2 (two pieces, the same behavior)

I try to check where the problem is, but without succes. Perharps, anybody solve this problem and could help me.

Thanks.

STMicroelectronics ST-LINK GDB server. Version 5.6.0

Copyright (c) 2020, STMicroelectronics. All rights reserved.

Starting server with the following options:

Persistent Mode           : Disabled

Logging Level             : 1

Listen Port Number        : 61234

Status Refresh Delay      : 15s

Verbose Mode              : Disabled

SWD Debug                 : Enabled

InitWhile                 : Enabled

Vendor = 0x3B

Error in initializing ST-LINK device.

Reason: ST-LINK: Could not verify ST device! Abort connection.

6 REPLIES 6
MM..1
Chief II

Maybe your devices is in stop mode, you need add to script debug stop mode

ONadr.1
Senior III

How can I recognize it? I completely clear FLASH MCU a check every OB working and not working MCU. They were identical.

TDK
Guru

It's probably a counterfeit chip that ST-Link and/or GDB detected and decided not to communicate with.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
ONadr.1
Senior III

It is possible. But I dont understand, why ST Programer works corectly and code is ful functional after programing by ST Programmer. When I check the protocol from ST Programmer, I notice ID

Device ID : 0x410

and gdb reported

Vendor = 0x3B

but I am not sure, that it is the same meaning.

MM..1
Chief II

Erase MCU with Programmer and try start debug with empty MCU

ONadr.1
Senior III

I try, but problem persist. I give it up, Perharps I buy few new MCU and rework them.

Thanks for yours advice.