cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F103C8T6 Clock Configuration - STM32CubeIDE

chriskuku
Senior II

I'm wondering why I can't configure 72MHz clock in the Clock configuration panel in CubeIDE

for the STM32F103C8T6 (blue pill) board.

From my understanding it has an 8 MHz quartz connected to pins 5,6 and choosing these pins as RCC OSC_IN/OUT doesn't seem to allow me to choose the external HSE clock and switch to PLL internally.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
chriskuku
Senior II

I solved it. Had to enable external HSE crystal osc. in the RCC setting first. Then the HSE option got avaiable in the clock configuration panel.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
chriskuku
Senior II

I solved it. Had to enable external HSE crystal osc. in the RCC setting first. Then the HSE option got avaiable in the clock configuration panel.

Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @chriskuku​,

If u want to choose the external HSE clock, I recommend you try to:

• Enable the HSE as: Crystal/Ceramic Resonator.

0693W00000WHSFRQA5.pngNow you can manage your clock tree: choose the external HSE clock and switch to PLL internally.

0693W00000WHSGTQA5.pngHope my answer helped you!

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best.

This will help other users find that answer faster.

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

chriskuku
Senior II

Thank you, Foued, for giving more details. But I posted the solution already a few minutes before your post. Thanks anyway.

@chriskuku​ You are welcome 😁

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.