cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE set active project

James-Shih
Associate II

Hi,

I'm using STM32CubeIDE 1.14.0, I have multiple projects in "Project Explorer", one of it is my default active project and now how do I set another project as the default active project?

For example, I have project_1, project_2, project_3, project_4 and project_5 in "Project Explorer" window, assume project_1 is the default active project and how do you switch to project_3 as my default active project?

Best Regards,

James Shih

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
raoof123
Associate

Hello,

In STM32CubeIDE 1.14.0, setting another project as the default active project involves a straightforward process. Begin by navigating to the "Project Explorer" window, where you have the list of your projects. Right-click on the project you want to set as the default active project; in this case, project_3. From the context menu that appears, select "Set as Active" or "Set as Default." The exact wording may vary slightly depending on the IDE version.

Once you've done this, project_3 will be designated as the default active project. Keep in mind that this change affects the build and debug configurations, directing the IDE to focus on project_3 when you initiate build or debug processes. If needed, you can confirm the active project status by checking for visual cues such as bolded text or icons next to the project name in the "Project Explorer" window. This signifies that project_3 is now the default active project in STM32CubeIDE. If you encounter any issues or variations based on your specific version, referring to the official documentation for STM32CubeIDE can provide additional guidance.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
raoof123
Associate

Hello,

In STM32CubeIDE 1.14.0, setting another project as the default active project involves a straightforward process. Begin by navigating to the "Project Explorer" window, where you have the list of your projects. Right-click on the project you want to set as the default active project; in this case, project_3. From the context menu that appears, select "Set as Active" or "Set as Default." The exact wording may vary slightly depending on the IDE version.

Once you've done this, project_3 will be designated as the default active project. Keep in mind that this change affects the build and debug configurations, directing the IDE to focus on project_3 when you initiate build or debug processes. If needed, you can confirm the active project status by checking for visual cues such as bolded text or icons next to the project name in the "Project Explorer" window. This signifies that project_3 is now the default active project in STM32CubeIDE. If you encounter any issues or variations based on your specific version, referring to the official documentation for STM32CubeIDE can provide additional guidance.

TDK
Guru

In Eclipse (on which STM32CubeIDE is based) there is no such thing as an active project or file. Projects can be opened or closed, but many projects may be open at any given time.

https://wiki.eclipse.org/FAQ_How_do_I_access_the_active_project%3F

Why do you think one of them is the default project? Or what behavior are you seeking?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

The problem I have is that I have 5 projects in Project Explorer, but when I press the build icon and it always built the first one, I need to manual use mouse and right click to select the project I would like to build.

The build icon builds whatever project the currently open file is a part of. No way to change that.

You can close other projects if you don't want those built.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".