cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE Editor : Can't Type Tilda ~

TŞEN.1
Associate II

STM32CubeIDE Version 1.2.1 in the editor I Can't Type Tilda ~ .

I can type it in here ~

I can type it in notpead, Word, all other places but not in CubeIDE editor.

I'm using Turkish Q standart keyboard.

4 REPLIES 4
Ozone
Lead

On my keyboard, that character is bound to an AltGr key combination.

Check the CubeIDE/Eclipse key assignments (usually Window->Preferences->General-Keys), perhaps it is by default associated with some editor function.

TŞEN.1
Associate II

Mine is bounded to AltGr too. I have checked the bindings but nothing assigned with altgr key.

0690X00000BwwoOQAR.png

I'm copying Tilda from somewhere else and pasting in editor and it's really annoying.

Eclipse has multiples layers of settings, with some kind of inheritance.

There are e.g. generic editor settings, and almost identical C/C++ specific ones. Might be worth to go through them.

I do not like Eclipse.

Perhaps this is a sequence character on your keyboard ?

For me, the '^' character is. I need to hit the '^' key first, and then another key to have it appear. In this case, because it is used for accent chars like â, ê, ô, etc.

Perhaps this is a sequence character on your keyboard ?

For me, the '^' character is. I need to hit the '^' key first, and then another key to have it appear. In this case, because it is used for accent chars like â, ê, ô, etc.

For Tilda ~ i need press another key. Like "~w" it is okay it Works here, Works every editor but not in cubeIDE editor.

There are e.g. generic editor settings, and almost identical C/C++ specific ones. Might be worth to go through them

Sadly I couldn't have find any settings.