cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE deos not creat middleware USB_Device for stm32H723 (Nucleo board)

MIman.1
Associate II

Hi,

I am using stm32cubeIDE to use USB OTG/Dual_role but it does not generate the middleware! 

I do appreciate any help

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Infact, the Nucleo board support only the USB OTG FS as mentionned on the DB3171. So, you can only configure the internal FS Phy which support only low speed and full speed (max 12MBits/s):

stm2.PNG

But, when using the STM32H723ZGT6 MCU, you can use the External Phy which can go to High speed (480 MBits/s). But you have to connect an external PHY device to the ULPI (which is not done on the nucleo board) as mentionned in the paragraph 3.43 of the DS13313:

stm3.PNG

Hope your questions are answered.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @MIman.1 

Have you enabled any middleware on your CubeMX configuration. Enabling the USB OTG/Dual_role does not select any Middleware by default.

Can you give more clarifications about your configurations.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi, 

Many thanks for your quick response! No I have not enabled any middleware. I have been using many functionalites such UART, DAC, etc without enabling middleware. this is the first time I see it. How do I enable  middleware?

BTW I am quite new to this.

Thanks again.

If you want to use any middleware (lwip for example) you need to configure it using CubeMX middleware menu. On the next picture for example the freeRTOS middleware is enabled:

14-hse.png

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

It does not let me to install the USB packages. is there any istruction on how to install it. thanks again

USB..JPG

  

USB1..JPG

You don't have to install it since it is a virtual pack that only represents what is provided by the selected MCU. You just have to select the mode Host only for the internal FS Phy of the USB_OTG_HS mode.

STM1.PNG

STM.PNG

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

Thanks a lot! It worked really well for transmitting and receiving data via device only.

One last question: I am limited to use 12 MBit/s with this config. As I see in the data sheet I should be able to use High speed upto 480 Mbit/sec.

I do appreciate if you make some comments on that too.

best

Infact, the Nucleo board support only the USB OTG FS as mentionned on the DB3171. So, you can only configure the internal FS Phy which support only low speed and full speed (max 12MBits/s):

stm2.PNG

But, when using the STM32H723ZGT6 MCU, you can use the External Phy which can go to High speed (480 MBits/s). But you have to connect an external PHY device to the ULPI (which is not done on the nucleo board) as mentionned in the paragraph 3.43 of the DS13313:

stm3.PNG

Hope your questions are answered.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

thanks a lot! I do appreciate your kind responses. 

all the best