cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIde cant find .ioc file

DSimp.1
Associate III

Hello,

I changed cubeIDE project structure, put files to folders to make it look cleaner, then changed project location. I managed to fix all linker errors etc. code builds and flashes, but the problem I encounter is that when I try to open cubeMx file I get error.

Is there a way to make .ioc file active project file? It is the same file just in other location, which was linked in paths.

0693W00000Ka22LQAR.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mattias norlander
ST Employee

Hi,

If you use the "STM32Cube" project type inside CubeIDE, then CubeMX will require that the project name is not changed, and that the project structure is not modified in any significant way.

Yes, you can add new folders. But you cannot re-arrange any folders/files which are managed by CubeMX.

Moving or renaming the ioc-file is not allowed, this will break the project.

I think you have two options:

1. Use STM32Cube projects and respect the contraints about folder/file organisation and naming.
  2. Rely on CDT project instead. CubeMX is not at all used. --> No files are generated into this project at all. But, you have full control of this project yourself.

I tend to use the STM32Cube project as a playground to test various peripheral configurations and generate the code.

Then I copy files and peripheral initialization code from the STM32Cube project into a CDT project. I consider the CDT project to be my real development/production project.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
mattias norlander
ST Employee

Hi,

If you use the "STM32Cube" project type inside CubeIDE, then CubeMX will require that the project name is not changed, and that the project structure is not modified in any significant way.

Yes, you can add new folders. But you cannot re-arrange any folders/files which are managed by CubeMX.

Moving or renaming the ioc-file is not allowed, this will break the project.

I think you have two options:

1. Use STM32Cube projects and respect the contraints about folder/file organisation and naming.
  2. Rely on CDT project instead. CubeMX is not at all used. --> No files are generated into this project at all. But, you have full control of this project yourself.

I tend to use the STM32Cube project as a playground to test various peripheral configurations and generate the code.

Then I copy files and peripheral initialization code from the STM32Cube project into a CDT project. I consider the CDT project to be my real development/production project.