cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE autocomple (content assist) not working

AAlis.23
Associate III

My autoomplete shows "no default proposals" when plrssing CRTL+Space and do nothin when typing "." or "->" or any other trigger...

Some people solved this enabling "Parsing-based Proposals" in the "Content Assis -> Advanced" tab but mine is enabled and not working... I've tested a lot of things and the ContentAssis still not worling... Any help???

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
TDK
Guru

The IDE needs context. Make sure project builds successfully. Make sure you’re in a project file. Rebuild the index.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
AAlis.23
Associate III

Hi,

Rebuild the index worked, but, every time I added a new variable or modify struct or whatever the content asist don't show the new variables and I need to rebuild the index... of course this is not normal, any idea?

Thanks in advance

Does it build?
If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
AAlis.23
Associate III

Ok, I've found an option in preferences to update the index with the files in the editor, but, I need to save the file to apply the changes... It's annoying, it's should be done automatically after typing, like VS or any other good IDE.

Yes, 0 erros 0 warnings

This is strange. For me, it finds newly added stuff. Option "Index source and header files opened in editor" is not checked. "Automatically update the index" is checked, and it seems to be on by default.

What is your version? Newly installed or updated?

AAlis.23
Associate III

I have the "Automatically update the index" checked but not working until I save the file. My version:

STM32CubeIDE

Version: 1.8.0

Build: 11526_20211125_0815 (UTC)

Java version: 11.0.11

RDrum.1
Associate III

My STM32CubeIDE stopped providing Code Complete proposals randomly, after updating to 1.13.1.

It started working after checking "Parsing-based Proposals" in the "Content Assist -> Advanced", which I'd never seen before. Needless to say I hadn't gone in there and changed it, so it's possible it either changed itself (!) or the defaults were wrong. Very annoying either way.