cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE after installing on debian is nowhere to be found

TMark.14
Associate III

It is Debian based distio (crunchbang plusplus), after installing IDE using sh script provided, the IDE is found in the list of programs, but it is not in the PATH, and I could not find location of the installed files. Also attempting to run installation again would tell me "Nothing to install", so I assume that installation was successful.

Any idea how to run program that is nowhere to be found? 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

Gotta be somewhere.

find / -name stm32cubeide

Or if install didn't require superuser access, you could probably restrict to the home directory.

find ~ -name stm32cubeide

Looking at the install script probably gives a clue as well.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TDK
Guru

Gotta be somewhere.

find / -name stm32cubeide

Or if install didn't require superuser access, you could probably restrict to the home directory.

find ~ -name stm32cubeide

Looking at the install script probably gives a clue as well.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
TMark.14
Associate III

THANKS!!

I found it now and it RUNS 🙂

I tried find command before but I should have used sudo with it. With your command it pointed right at it and the path is /opt/st/stm32cubeide_1.8.0/stm32cubeide. So I can run it by manually searching for it. Will have to find a way to add in to the path i guess.

TDK
Guru

Usually programs put a symbolic link in /usr/bin, which should be in your path. But you can add it yourself.

sudo ln -s /opt/st/stm32cubeide_1.8.0/stm32cubeide /usr/bin/stm32cubeide

I quite like Linux. Unfortunately, program compatibility is generally awful on it.

TMark.14
Associate III

I just added the symbolic link and now it is awesome, I can run the program from app meny, which is great.

I just can't stand Windows anymore, and I am very happy with the way STCubeIDE works on linux, and linux os is just faster on my machine, also does not download who knows what in the background.