cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE 1.13.1 interface becomes obsolete

keys king
Associate II

keysking_0-1691289501777.png

When I updated STM32CubeIDE to 1.13.1, my software interface changed to this very primitive look. And, since I'm a youtuber teaching people how to program with the STM32, I've received a lot of feedback from friends that they've experienced this problem as well.

5 REPLIES 5
CBerg
Senior

i can confirm this behaviour. But it's not new with 1.13, I experienced this also with previous versions.

Yes, I've had this problem with previous versions, but usually restarting the program fixes it. But this time it keeps happening, and it's not just me, but a lot of people have told me they've had this problem.

WQ
Associate III

It looks beautiful. -wq

mattias norlander
ST Employee

Yes, seen it too. Definitely not new for this version. If I remember well MX instantiates a bunch of metadata here:

C:\Users\$(MYUSERNAME)\.stm32cubemx

Remove that folder. Caution: Make a back-up first. Then launch CubeIDE again.
I cannot trigger the problem now, consequently cannot try this, but I think that by removing the instantiated metadata you can get back to "normal look" without impacting your workspace or project data. Hard for me to test...

You could also try if this happens in just one single workspace, or in all your workspaces...

It happens when STM32CubeIDE crashes or closes/exits abnormally. -wq