cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 IDE bug while using target selection

PMarz.2
Associate II

If you try to create a new project via target selection and try to search for the commercial part number, the cursor moves to the search bar immediately below each time you try to type a character.

Details from about page:

Version: 1.11.2

Build: 14494_20230119_0724 (UTC)

6 REPLIES 6
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @PMarz.2​, to the community!

With which operating system are you running the STM32CubeIDE?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
PMarz.2
Associate II

I'm running the IDE on Windows 10 build 19045.2486

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

What is the complete path name of the directory where you installed STM32CubeIDE?

What does the command java -version show using Command Prompt?

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
PMarz.2
Associate II

ST path:

C:\ST\STM32CubeIDE_1.9.0\STM32CubeIDE

and java version:

openjdk version "11.0.15" 2022-04-19

OpenJDK Runtime Environment Temurin-11.0.15+10 (build 11.0.15+10)

OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM Temurin-11.0.15+10 (build 11.0.15+10, mixed mode)

gbm
Lead III

For me, when I enter a part number (or a part of it) in the search pane, usually nothing is found. Sometimes it works, but then it appears to be case sensitive. There is definitely a problem with the search feature of part selector in CubeMX.

If there was definitely a problem, it would occur with every user and the community would be overflowing with requests. However, I have never experienced such a problem, neither myself nor in customer trainings with a large number of participants.

So it is important to find the cause in each individual case. One idea is a competing Java version that pushes itself to the fore and could cause something like this. Even though in this case the JDK seems unsuspicious, it does not mean that STM32CubeIDE tries to use it.

Perhaps the search path and possible other Java installations should now be checked again.

Regards

/Peter