cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 Cube IDE Update Not Working

EPala.2
Associate III

Hi, I am working on a collaborative project. Someone sent me a new version using an updated version of STM32Cube IDE, and now the .IOC throws an error when I try to open it:

image.png

To fix this, I try running Help > Check For Updates, but this gives me the following error:

image (1).png

I then look on the STM32CubeIDE site, only to find the downloads section is inexplicably empty:

Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 5.40.10 PM.png

How do I fix this and update STM32CubeIDE? Will this solve my MX problem? 

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

On the site, you need to log in and then wait a minute or so for the "Get Software" section to populate. It's the dumbest thing ever. That's probably your best bet.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Sirma Siang
ST Employee

Hello EPala.2,

The IOC you are trying to open has been generated with Stm32CubeMX -6.8.1, while yours is 6.5.0. Opening an IOC created with a newest CubeMX version, is not possible.

You have to install, at least, the same CubeMX version, or a more recent version.

To get that version, I recommend to download it from st.com (wait that the 'Get Software' button appears at the top of the page - It could take a minute). Then install it on your machine.

Please note that an authentication is now needed, to update through the tool itself, from version 1.13.0.