cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resurfacing LWIP Configuration Issue with NO_SYS for STM32CubeIDE and FreeRTOS

Leoq
Associate II

As per JimSChen.4 said in the year of 2020, "This question has been asked several times but I have to raise it again". I am stuck on this EXACTLY same issue again.
Board: STM32H757-EVAL
STM32CubeIDE: Version 1.15.1 (Build: 21094_20240412_1041(UTC))
STM32CubeMX version (6.11.1)
STM32Cube FW_H7 V1.11.2
Configuration:
System Core->CORTEX_M7: both CPU DCache and ICache are enabled
Connectivity->ETH->Mode: RMII
FREERTOS_M7: CMSIS_V2

Now the issue is exactly as JimSchen said in this link "STM32CubeMx NO_SYS/With_RTOS option problem with lwip and FREERTOS" 

1. LWIP's "Enable" greys out if only Cortex-M7 is selected.
2. When both Cortex-M7 and Cortex-M4 are selected, "Enable" becomes available. However, NO_SYS (OS Awareness) is always "OS Not Used" and unchangeable.EVAL_proj_greyout.jpgEVAL_proj_OSNotUsed.jpg

By the way, an old project, created by using STM32CubeMX version (6.8.1) and STM32Cube FW_H7 V1.11.0, does not have this issue. I can still enable LWIP with only Cortex_M7 selected. However, if migrate to the latest Mx and FW, it has the same issue. 

ethernet_proj_OS_Used.jpg

 The attached "H757_EVAL_LWIP" is the project with issue, and "ethernet" is my old one without issue.

@Amel NASRI

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STea
ST Employee

Hello @Leoq ,

Thank you for pointing this out. In fact, this is a known and confirmed issue and it is actively being worked on in internal ticket number 182330 and 178614 and it will be corrected in next revision of CubeMX .
this thread has the same issue Solved: NUCLEO-H755 - ETH configured (Non-RTOS) but LWIP r... - STMicroelectronics Community.
and as a workaround you can proceed by activation of LwIP for booth M7 and M4 and then you can configure it for M7, and you can enable FreeRTOS for M7 only.

Regards

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
STea
ST Employee

Hello @Leoq ,

Thank you for pointing this out. In fact, this is a known and confirmed issue and it is actively being worked on in internal ticket number 182330 and 178614 and it will be corrected in next revision of CubeMX .
this thread has the same issue Solved: NUCLEO-H755 - ETH configured (Non-RTOS) but LWIP r... - STMicroelectronics Community.
and as a workaround you can proceed by activation of LwIP for booth M7 and M4 and then you can configure it for M7, and you can enable FreeRTOS for M7 only.

Regards

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for quick response. The most important is "LWIP->Key Options->Infrastructure - OS Awareness Option/NO_SYS (OS Awareness)" has value of "OS Not Used". This is not changeable !

As a result, the above workaround could not work.