Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for .ioc File View

jindo85547
Visitor

Hello,

Currently I am working with a view like this: 

jindo85547_0-1726609190597.png

and I was wondering if there was any way for me to change the view into something like this:

jindo85547_1-1726609223271.png

or is the view something that is varies based on the different chips?

I don't know why but the view that I am working with is very irritating to me, so if possible I would prefer to work with something that looks like the second picture.

2 REPLIES 2
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello @jindo85547 and welcome to the community,

That depends on the package you would use for your application.

The first one is BGA and the second one is LQFP. 

You can't change the package based on an already configured project. You need to start from scratch based on the MCU part number.

To have the second package, you need to type the part number in Commercial part number field and select that part number then double click on the part number shown in the table at bottom right of the window.

SofLit_0-1726610684491.png

Hope I answered your question.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

As @SofLit said, the view you get is a view of the chip package you have selected.

So the only way to change the view is to change the package.

The chip datasheet will tell you what package options are available; the "Ordering information scheme" at the end of the datasheet shows you how the package type is encoded into the part number:

AndrewNeil_0-1726611893218.png

Hence you can see that an STM32F103C8T has an LQFP package with 48 pins