cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Explorer icons - what does slash mean?

'SMike
Associate III

I have the FWupgrade_Standalone example loaded, looks like files marked with slash and dimmed are part of the example, so should be active files - so what does the CM7 directory icons mean?

0693W00000QMd5XQAT.png

7 REPLIES 7

Likely a multi-core project where you've selected the M4 core as the build target..​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
'SMike
Associate III

Thanks - that makes sense.

Unfortunately the state of the tools is such that they can't figure out how to build hybrid code where two cores can share things they have in common, like some floating point libraries and assorted HAL code, etc.

Instead we have vary partitioned and linear thinking about how to build code to reduce memory usage/foot-print.

I am noticing that I can't find a clear way to compile the other core. I must be missing something - I know my way around Eclipse pretty well - must be in here somewhere...

Sorry I'm #TeamKEIL with a bit of GNU/GCC via makefiles

mattias norlander
ST Employee

The problem is that STM32CubeH7 example projects does not exist for CubeIDE.

The package only contains example projects targeting EWARM / MDK-ARM / SW4STM32.

For single-core STM32 devices, CubeIDE offers an import/convert wizard that does the job of converting the build configurations in the SW4STM32 project files into CubeIDE equivalent build configurations. If customer has set very specific options/customizations the wizard will not be able to translate these options. But a log-file is produced mentioning all options that the wizard was not able to translate so that it should be simple to manually make the appropriate fixes.

The wizard actually does a pretty good job in 95% of the cases!

Here comes the but. But, the example projects for H7 dual-core targeting SW4STM32, was setup as "one single Eclipse project" containing both "core projects".

Another approach was chosen in CubeIDE where any dual-core or TZEN=1 project is setup as a hierarchical project:

• Project_shared_code
    • Project_CM4
    • Project_CM7

The import/convert wizard cannot translate one single SW4STM32 project into multiple STM32CubeIDE project structure.

The wizard will not generate any error, but multiple issues in the convert log-file. And the converted project will only contain a build configuration for the CM4.

Could you add a CM7 build configuration manually to target another core with the same project?

Nope, unfortunately not. Maybe you could if you hack the "natures" in the .project-file, but now we are clearly moving into unsupported areas.

What would be the recommendation to proceed?

I hope that at least clarifies the dead-ends, the options and the status moving forward.

'SMike
Associate III

Thanks for your answer. I have enough at this point I should be able to port to a new project. If you create a project without selecting an example, the project gets created correctly and from there it should be possible to move files around in the new project, I would think.