cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program stuck in (Running : User Request) mode when using Debug from STM32CubeIDE

LCabé.1
Associate

Hi,

I am using a microcontroller STM32L4R9AII6 on a STM32L4R9I-EVAL board, with IDE STM32CubeIDE (version 1.9.0)

I am trying to run a fairly simple code in Debug Mode, that just toggles a LED using some software overlay we developped.

It seems that after a determined number of instructions executed, the program get stuck in "Running : User Request" mode. (See picture error1)

I've noticed that my main while loop get executed everytime 18 times, and then the program get stuck.

I've tried adding somme dummy instructions inside the main while(1) loop, and the program then get stuck before (11 loop executions), 

as if a pre-determined maximum number of instructions could be ran.

The code that is being executed does not seem faulty at all, and have been running pretty well before.

When pressing "Suspend" once stuck in the "Running : Use Request", I get the error shown on picture "error2".

At this point I don't really know where to look and can't really explain anything of what is happening. It seems that there is no watchdog enabled, even though it seems that it might be some root cause here. (How could I double-check that ?)

Do you have any thoughts on where to look for ? Thanks in advance 🙂

Lilian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello Lilian,

I would start by setting a breakpoint and make sure you go through these 18 cycles (11 with dummy instructions) and then stepping to see exactly where things go wrong. You could even enable Instruction Stepping Mode to see which instruction is causing the issue. It might help you get to the bottom of what is happening.

0693W00000NsRjNQAV.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LCabé.1
Associate

I also add that it seems that there is no watchdog enabled, even though it seems that it might be some root cause here. (How could I double-check that ?)

Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello Lilian,

I would start by setting a breakpoint and make sure you go through these 18 cycles (11 with dummy instructions) and then stepping to see exactly where things go wrong. You could even enable Instruction Stepping Mode to see which instruction is causing the issue. It might help you get to the bottom of what is happening.

0693W00000NsRjNQAV.png