cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to debug using ST Link

AHamad
Associate

What might cause the attached in ST error message in Cube IDE (V 1.13.1.

It used to be able to Deug my program, until i updated the STLink firmware ( Pop up prompted me to update), i tried uninstalling the IDE, installng it again, same error message..I took a snapshot of the port settings in Windows Device Manager to show the settings.

Anyone faced the same issue..?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
TDK
Guru

Can you connect with STM32CubeProgrammer?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
AHamad
Associate

Hello TDK,

I installed the STM32Cubeprogrammer, and i tried connecting, it worked.

I then disconnected, and reopened the Cube-IDE, and tried to connect, and it works!!.

I am not sure i understand why, but now everything looks fine.

Thanks!

Regards

TDK
Guru

Sometimes USB drivers can get into a weird state that resolves after a few hours, especially if you're messing with the hardware and resetting at abnormal times.

I hate to say it, but rebooting your PC actually can solve problem like this and it's worth a shot when you've exhausted other options.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

The USB stack in Windows can get into states where hardware comes and goes, whilst applications have connections open. The resources don't get torn down cleanly, especially problematic for COM ports and terminal applications.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..