cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No CRYP in project configurator

mkrk
Associate II

Why is there no CRYP (Cryptographics) peripheral enabling/configuration option in project configurator (CubeMX/CubeIDE) for STM32H747 ? I tried v1.15.0 and v1.16.0

It does not show up:

mkrk_0-1725520016376.png

But it exists in register callback list:

mkrk_1-1725520030975.png

And it exists in H7 HAL driver library: https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/stm32h7xx_hal_driver

PS.
The project is already using STM32 Cryptographic library but there are strange problems (long story). I want to see the source code and understand what's going on. Pre-compiled library does not allow it.

I also found this post where somebody has same question but different solution.   https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-security/problem-implementing-cryptographic-library-in-stm32h747/td-p/149901
I want to use peripheral through HAL, no closed source.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @mkrk 

This is only available for MCUs that feature Cryptographic acceleration (such as the STM32H757 that has exactly the same features but add the Cryptographic accelerator). For the STM32H747, you may can use the X-CUBE-CRYPTOLIB (the one used by the client on the post you mentioned) and include it to your project directly following this article.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @mkrk 

This is only available for MCUs that feature Cryptographic acceleration (such as the STM32H757 that has exactly the same features but add the Cryptographic accelerator). For the STM32H747, you may can use the X-CUBE-CRYPTOLIB (the one used by the client on the post you mentioned) and include it to your project directly following this article.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

mkrk
Associate II

Hello @STTwo-32 

I see... reference manual is the same for H747 and H757 so I naturally expected H747 to have CRYP. My bad.

The project is already using X-CUBE-CRYPTOLIB, but it has strange issues and that's why I was thinking about using peripheral directly. I have to think whether to ask about those issues or use some alternative.

Thanks!

@mkrk wrote:

reference manual is the same for H747 and H757

Here you need to refer to the related datasheet especially "features and peripheral counts" table not to the reference manual as the latter is common to many devices.

H757:

SofLit_0-1725548362006.png

H747:

SofLit_1-1725548511856.png

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.