cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Cube is broke

Frad
Associate

I've tried reinstalling, uninstalling, running as root, dozens of other things... just getting these issues regardless of anything I try. As far as operation... it will start, but would bind up at 19% on a build. After reinstalling, it now takes forever figuring out the compiler languages, then, will build if I use the internal build, but not any external options. Haven't tried to upload a program, but would like to get it running normal first :\ I thought it was maybe a java update, as the log has lots of java issues, but cube brings its own java version. one thing I noticed in the logs is double slashes in the file paths. "//"... I imagine this would be an issue, but not sure why its happening. Help, please???

kali linux,,, has been working perfectly for a month now. :( Was on 1.15 when this happened. Reinstalled with 1.16. no changes. Clean pretty much freezes. takes minutes to perform each rm command to remove files, if they even complete. Seems like a permissions issue... idk logs attached.

3 REPLIES 3
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Kali is not a supported Linux version. List of supported versions is in the CubeIDE release notes , ch.1.2.

AScha.3
Chief II

What version you installed/tried ? Debian ? (Didnt work on my Mx18 , Debian based system.)

Try "generic Linux" ..this working fine, still, after 6 y or so, from version 1.0.0 to 1.13.1 actual.

🙂

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Actually was working great. I’m about 10,000 lines deep in a project and have flashed my board at least 500 times. I think it took a little work to get all the dependencies in line, but was solid until yesterday. I actually found a post in this forum about changing a system variable and now it’s working great again. Wish I would’ve checked the forums before spinning my wheels for 10 hours. 

it was something about changing a line in a system setting to ‘username hard fileno 1024’ … something like that. Before changing that, the Java was faulting and not loading plugins correctly.

I had installed an HID usb monitor… something in that install must’ve updated a component and added my system to the systems experiencing the issue described in the post.