cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Giant plugins folder

JvdV
Associate II

The plugins folder at C:\ST\STM32CubeIDE_1.14.1\STM32CubeIDE\plugins is 5.24 GB. It has lots of com... folders, lots of org... folders and lots of .jar files. Some of the folders are referenced among my STM32CubeIDE project Includes, even though the paths to the folders are not present among my compiler include paths.

What are all these folders and files for? Can I get rid of any? The folder is so huge. Why are they in my project anyway? Thank you for your help!

JvdV_0-1720230171006.png

JvdV_1-1720230551475.png

5 REPLIES 5
AScha.3
Chief II

On my IDE 1.13.1 its about 4 GB...

but look at Cube repository : here (for some cpus...) it needs 24 GB, 563886 files.

So what you wanna leave away from the IDE ? and why ? 🙂

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
JvdV
Associate II

Hi AScha.3, it's all so mysterious! Is there a way I can see which plugins my project is using and why? Now I do understand that this is a collection of plugins that might be of use for projects in general, not just mine.

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Typically the plugins dir size is under 3 GB. If it is over 5 GB, maybe you tried to install additional Eclipse components. /* Sigh, there were the days when 5 GB was the size of the whole hard drive of a laptop. */

KnarfB
Principal III

You have alot of duplicates with differnt versions. Looks like you (or the IDE) installed a newer version into an existing folder. So you could get rid of about half the folders be a clean install. Otherwise, I wouldn't mess with those folders. Some plugins are used for STM32CubeIDE which itself is built upon Eclipse.

hth

KnarfB

JvdV
Associate II

Indeed I started looking for bloat because my 256 GB is up :)! Recently my STM32CubeIDE 1.14 upgraded to 1.15 so perhaps that's the cause of duplications. I like the idea of a clean install in the next round. Thanks to all of you for your insights! Most appreciated.