cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from Keil to STM32CubeIDE - couple functional questions

jgauthier
Senior

I've been using Keil MDK for the last year. My license is going to expire, and I am going to ramp up who needs to write firmware from 1 to about 5. So, I am going to revert back to STM32CubeIDE. There were a couple of useful functional processes I used in Keil that I can't seem to replicate with CubeIDE.

First)

In Keil I was able to reset the processor and the debug session would start back at main().

There is a "reset" button in CubeIDE but it doesn't seem to restart the debug session. It seems to stop the code wherever it is, but I can't do anything. Step over, step into, continie all don't do anything. Under the debug window (left) it shows "Thread #1 (Running: User Request)".

I cannot seem to interact in anyway.

Second) In Keil, when I was running a program I could press "Stop" and execution would stop exactly where it was happening and then I could take control of the debugging. I found this to be useful. I can't seem to find an equivalent.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChahinezC
Lead

Hello @Community member​,

I recommend you checking the "documentation" section of the STM32CubeIDE official web page.

You can as well get started with the functionalities of the IDE through the STM32CubeIDE user guide.

Thank you.

Chahinez.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JNguyen
Senior

When you are in debug mode these buttons (circled in red in attached screen capture) will do what you need. Button on upper right corner puts you in debug mode.

0693W00000VsKJAQA3.png

JNguyen
Senior

This button starts the debugging of your code. In below screen shot, it will start debugging the project "RMS-T_Logic"

0693W00000VO5xAQAT.png

jgauthier
Senior

Thanks! I didn't see that button. I will look for it.

ChahinezC
Lead

Hello @Community member​,

I recommend you checking the "documentation" section of the STM32CubeIDE official web page.

You can as well get started with the functionalities of the IDE through the STM32CubeIDE user guide.

Thank you.

Chahinez.