cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from TrueStudio to STM32CubeIDE, "Fail create backup of project files before conversion." No other message. How to debug this?

PDools
Associate II

Hello,

We have a long-lived project that we develop in Atollic TrueStudio. It contains 4 nested projects; two C/C++ projects, and another two Eclipse projects for web development.

I have tried to import these projects using the "Import/General/Import Atollic TrueSTUDIO Project" feature, and have been mostly successful. (STM32CubeIDE version 1.8.0 from November 2021.)

Unfortunately I can't convert the second of the two C/C++ projects, and I can't figure out why.

The only message that I get is "Fail create backup of project files before conversion."

There is no log that I can find that provides more detail.

I've repeatedly tried with a variety of combination of the projects selected during the import attempt, and always with the same result.

I've noticed that the .project file is copied to .project_org, but the .cproject file is left untouched, suggesting that the .cproject file cannot be copied. The permissions on both files are -rw-rw-r-- for both files.

Is there a way to start STM32CubeIDE so that it provides more detailed information about the cause of this problem?

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

Merci beaucoup Julien, ça marche!