cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launch Configurations Not Visible

dhommer
Associate II

Edit: I have resolved this by restarting cube. I think the filters were blocking before because the default filters hid some configurations. This time (after reset) when I removed filters, the launch configurations appeared.

Edit 2: Fully solved. When I opened the workspace, cubeIDE renamed all of the projects to be lowercase. The .elf's it was looking for therefore did not exist. I'm not sure why cubeIDE re-named the projects, this causes issues in a few places.

After upgrading STM32CubeIDE from version 1.15 to version 1.16.0, the launch configurations for my project are no longer visible in the Run Configurations dialog. Although the configurations appear in the Project Explorer, attempting to run them results in an internal error.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Open an existing workspace created in STM32CubeIDE version 1.15 in STM32CubeIDE version 1.16.0.
  2. Ensure that the project has launch configurations.
  3. Navigate to Run > Run Configurations... and observe that the launch configurations are missing.
  4. Remove all filters to ensure no configuration is being hidden.
  5. Right-click on a .launch file in the Project Explorer and select Run As > <launch config name>.

Expected Result: The launch configurations should be visible in the Run Configurations dialog, and running the configuration should execute without errors.

Actual Result:

1. Launch configurations are not visible in the Run Configurations dialog.
  2. An internal error occurs when attempting to run the configuration from the Project Explorer.

Error Message:

An internal error occurred during: "Launching <my config name>".
Cannot invoke "org.eclipse.cdt.core.model.ICProject.getProject()" because the return value of "org.eclipse.cdt.debug.core.CDebugUtils.getCProject(org.eclipse.debug.core.ILaunchConfiguration)" is null

Environment:

• STM32CubeIDE Version: 1.16.0
  • Build: 21983_20240628_1741 (UTC)

Additional Information:

• Removing filters in the Run Configurations dialog does not resolve the issue.
  • The issue did not occur in STM32CubeIDE version 1.15.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dhommer
Associate II

See edits: This issue was caused by cube re-naming all of my projects when I opened the workspace in cube 1.16. It changed the names from being tile case to all lowercase (from Example to example).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dhommer
Associate II

Note: even though restarting cube made the configurations visible, I get the same error when trying to use the run configurations.

dhommer
Associate II

See edits: This issue was caused by cube re-naming all of my projects when I opened the workspace in cube 1.16. It changed the names from being tile case to all lowercase (from Example to example).