cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JTAG Daisy Chain

ABhuv.1
Associate II

Hello All,

I am in the process of designing a circuit with four microcontrollers in Daisy chain. I would like to program and debug them via one JTAG port, hence will be daisy chaining them.

Which one of the programmers can do this?. I have used ST-Link-V2, but this cannot programm multiple chips in a daisy chain.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @ABhuv.1​, to the community!

The ST-LINK/V2 is only a simple debugger for SWD (Serial Wire Debugging), for JTAG debugging you need a JTAG debugger, such as the J-LINK. A similar problem has been discussed in the Segger forum, maybe this will help you?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @ABhuv.1​, to the community!

The ST-LINK/V2 is only a simple debugger for SWD (Serial Wire Debugging), for JTAG debugging you need a JTAG debugger, such as the J-LINK. A similar problem has been discussed in the Segger forum, maybe this will help you?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
ABhuv.1
Associate II

HI,

To be more specific, is there a programmer available from STM which can program JTAG chains?

Is the J-Link programmer compatible with Atollic Studio? I cant find any definitive Info on this. From the earlier thread, its isnot clear what IDE was used.

With Regards,

Adi

Hello Adi,

Depends what you mean by "From STM", ST-LINK/V2 which is developed by ST can't do it, just as Peter mentioned. However, both STM32CubeIDE and TrueSTUDIO supports J-LINK.

Keep in mind that TrueSTUDIO is deprecated and I would suggest using STM32CubeIDE.

ABhuv.1
Associate II

Hi Markus,

Thanks for the confirmation. Ill use the Jlink with STM32CubeIDE

With regards,

Adi