Failed to execute MI command:

load "C:\\Users\\C\\Downloads\\RTC_N\\RTC_N\\New folder\\Debug\\RTC_N.elf"

Error message from debugger back end:

Error finishing flash operation

launching error.PNG

For this i tried some solution provided by community people:

harshi_tha1_0-1704460970809.png

the above solution is not resolved my issue

2.You have to install STM32 ST-Link Utility and erase with it the whole flash memory. After that, update the firmware on the board again.

i installed the ST-Link Utility and im trying to erase flash memory but im getting an Read out protection is activated message to resolve this i got an solution i need to change option byte configuration but i dont know the correct configuration for to change read out protection level 1 to read out protection level 0.

harshi_tha1_1-1704461900268.png

for the reference i attached the option byte configuration

and im looking any other possible solution to resolve this issue so please reply or attach any solution links

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
spiguy
Associate

I also had this same problem.  I was on WBA 52 CG, and I was attempting to try out the Heart Rate program as other community suggestions by @Remy ISSALYS  indicated is a good starting point (https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-wireless/stop2-low-power-on-stm32wb55-with-ble-connection-wakeup/td-p/57198#)

In my case, the WBA became unresponsive.  I could not use the STM32 IDE to program it with anything (was getting the errors you described above).  One forum said you could program with "reset behavior = NONE"... this did not work for me.  One forum said you could use ST-Link and clear the memory... ST-Link could not communicate with the WBA.  Another forum said you could use STM Cube Programmer... STM Cube Programmer could not communicate either.

Here's what I tried and seems to have fixed it.  In my debug configuration, I switched to useing the STLink Open OCD with a known good application.  That appeared to have failed.  When I switched back to STLink GDB Server (which is what I was originally using) and programmed with the known good application, then it worked.

I had found another person who had the same issue with WBA 52 CG and the Heart Rate.  The Heart Rate has a datestamp of 2021, and it appears to have some type of forever-sleep bug.  I would like if STM could fix this or pull it from the set of supplied applications.  They certainly shouldn't suggest that we use it as a baseline, because it causes WBA to turn into a brick.

ref: https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-wireless/programming-a-nucleo-wba52cg/td-p/71526