cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is importing example projects into STM32CUBEIDE possible?

Broman3100
Associate III

Hey everyone, I couldn't find a clear answer so I'm gonna ask a quick question.

I mainly use STM32CUBEIDE to write my codes, and I often use aid from examples provided in firmware packages that ST installs. Sometimes the said examples have CUBEIDE as an option, but most of the time they only have EWARM, MDK-ARM or SW4STM32 and I have to go through .c files to recreate the project.

So my questions is: 
Is it possible to import non-CUBEIDE projects into it?

Also is it possible to get the build output (.bin/.hex/.elf) file of the said examples without building them yourself?

Best Regards,

Broman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Broman3100 

For your first question, You can open only example that are elaborated throw CubeIDE or you can migrate thos based on system Workbench to CubeIDE Following this application note.

For the second question, you can't have the .bin, .hex or .elf file of a project before compilation. 

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Broman3100
Associate III

I should note, I don't use other mentioned compilers because they are retired or paid.

STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Broman3100 

For your first question, You can open only example that are elaborated throw CubeIDE or you can migrate thos based on system Workbench to CubeIDE Following this application note.

For the second question, you can't have the .bin, .hex or .elf file of a project before compilation. 

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for the reply, that was very helpful. As a side question, is there a reason why those examples don't come with precompiled file that you can run with cubeprogrammer?

I think is a decision of the driver team. So you may can have some modification, change some parameters, optimisation,....

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

@Broman3100 If you need compiled binaries but have difficulty to make them yourself, here you can request help.