cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing CUBE IDE on Ubuntu 23.04

CanHobby
Associate

New to STM - so far 2 major complaints...  CUBE products are basically unreadable to me...  Using a light grey on white background makes CUBE MX, at least, non-useable - can't see any themes options.

I did see that CUBE IDE supports themes so I tried to install it. - Came to grief...  Looks like it wants to use python 2.7 which was deprecated on Ubuntu quite some time ago..

I have successfully used CUBE programmer (with sun glasses on) but only succeededion bricking my bluepill when I installed the USB bootloader.  Linux does not recognize the board.  lsusb sees it.

I guess you could say I am looking for help...

2 REPLIES 2
vitaliy2034
Associate

Hi, I have solved the problem:
1. Install STM32CubeIDE for Linux(not for Debian).
2. Create a folder for GDBusServer by command:
mkdir /tmp/SWT-GDBusServer​
3. Compile python2 from sources, and install it like was shown here. You should only install python2, you do not need to make it primary in your system. (Optional but I don`t sure).

Also, to work correctly, you should run STM32CubeIDE from the XOrg session. Otherwise, the Cube configurator could be unavailable.

Arek1
Associate

I'm using Ubuntu 23.04 and yesterday, after updating some libraries, CubeIDE stopped working. I can't run any of the versions, the program stops on the splash screen. Vitaly, did you update Ubuntu? CubeIDE is still working?