cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I moved a project from one computer to another with the identical version of STM32CubeIDE installed. When I drop the file tree into a workspace, the IDE will not compile it. This is an obvious thing that should just work. Why doesn't it?

BBolton
Associate

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @BBolton​, to the community!

The question is a little imprecise with too little information. A project may well have references outside the project (of the project directory). Can you please insert the compilation problems here?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
BBolton
Associate

The IDE says it can't find a rule for "make -all" when I attempt to compile the directory I copied over. I've never created any references outside the project directory. This morning I was able to get it to compile using the same tedious process I've had to use before: create a new project from the .ioc of the previous project, import my .h and .c files one by one; use a file compare tool to make the IDE generated files in core directory identical to the ones in my project; then manually copy any missing driver files into the Drivers directory. Then it compiles fine. There has to be a simpler way than this.

When I do a directory compare if the newly generated project with the one I copied over the differences are considerable. In particular, the IDE has a number of files that use absolute file paths rather than relative. That alone will break things.

Kind Regards,

Brent