cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup QSPI file sytem on Norflash

Victorheca01
Associate II

HI, All

I am testing file system on U575 Eval board. The file system is working when I setup the connectivity  to Norflash as Oct2SPI. However, when I changed the connectivity to QSPI, it failed at the initialisation of format as the following:

Victorheca01_0-1721665364507.png

my setup of QSPI in my .ioc file is as the following:

Victorheca01_1-1721665412254.png

Please advise if you have any suggestions. 

Thanks in advance.

Victor

9 REPLIES 9

>>Please advise if you have any suggestions

Debug the QSPI Read / Write functionality.

Make sure 4KB sectors, that you can erase, write page(s), QSPI memory is in correct mode, and not memory mapped.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hi Tesla DeLorean,

Thanks for you reply.

Is there any problem with the CubeIDE? Since OSPI is working properly, I just change OSPI to QSPI and it is not working. 

Victor

QSPI Memory on a OSPI bus. That should be viable.

To determine if CubeIDE is failing you'd need to review the output code in the context of the commands sent to your memory device. Look at that code and fix it as necessary.

Part not described, code not provided.

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

> Since OSPI is working properly, I just change OSPI to QSPI and it is not working. 

The command structures for HAL  OSPI and QSPI drivers differ. Please mind the differences. Look at examples.

Hi Pavel

Thanks for your reply.  If I change the communication from OSPI to QSPI in .ioc file, does the driver change accordingly or I have to change it by myself? 

Hi Tesla DeLoram,

the Norflash part is: MX25L51245G, please send me the code if you have. Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Victor

If you change the communication from OSPI to QSPI in .ioc file, the Cube will reference the correct HAL driver in the library (OSPI or QSPI) and generate initialization code for it. But it won't automatically fix the rest of the code for you.

Hi, Pavel

Thanks for reply. my software failed after the following code. I know this is for OSPI application, Does it need to be changed for QSPI? How to change it? 

From the function description of fx_media_format(), I don't know which parameters should be changed. Thanks for your help.

Victorheca01_1-1721684777813.png

Regards

Victor

This is all rather top-level, are the defines for the capacity correct for the new part?

What you're actually interested in is the code a level or two below this that is initializing the pins and communicating with the memory IC. If those commands and functions are wrong, it's not going to work properly.

It needs code specifically for the MX25L51245G. Look at the commands being sent.