cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build the hsdatalog app from FP-SNS-DATALOG1 project code using STM32Cube IDE

mikew67
Associate II

Newbie with STM32CubeIDE here, so apologies if this is a trivial question 😉

How do I use the sample Project code in the FP-SNS-DATALOG1 repo to build the hsdatalog application for the STWIN Starter Kit, STEVAL-STWINKT1B (SensorTile Wireless Industrial Mode)?

1. I've tried to create a project in STM32CubeIDE v1.13.1 using the code located in the fp-sns-datalog1 repo (tag main.v1.5.0)  in the folder at: /fp-sns-datalog1/Projects/STM32L4R9ZI-STWIN/Applications/HSDatalog/STM32CubeIDE
  2. I've tried several choices of how to load a project into the iDE without success.
  3. Note that the above mentioned folder does not contain an .ioc file
  4. When I attempt to build the app, I get an error: "make: *** No rule to make target"
  5. The "Getting started" doc, skips over this, saying just build the app and proceed.

I probably don't need to rebuild this app -- pre-built binaries are provided and I can exercise the kit using them with json config files, but I definitely prefer to be able to examine and build the code I use.  And I also want to use the STM32Cube IDE vs the alternatives.

So, what do I need to do to load and build the referenced project?

TIA,

Mike

2 REPLIES 2
Issamos
Lead II

Hello @mikew67 

I suggest you to install the last version of CubeMX and the last version of your firmware fp-sns-datalog1 (using the firmware installer of CubeMX) and then open the exemple from cube Mx in any IDE you want CubeIDE, keil, IAR).

Best regards.

II

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @mikew67 ,

After downloading FP-SNS-DATALOG1 repo, could you please import the project "en.fp-sns-datalog1\STM32CubeFunctionPack_DATALOG1_V1.5.0\Projects\STM32L4R9ZI-STWIN\Applications\HSDatalog\STM32CubeIDE" by following the steps in UM2609 - Rev 9 Section 2.10 Importing existing projects.

I hope this help you!

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.